I am in a bear of a mood this morning.
I feel like poop: my throat hurts, my head hurts, my nose hurts, and consequently, my body hurts as well. I’m exhausted and I don’t feel like seeing a single person in the entire world today (except for maybe Kelly or Pita or Braylen) and I am just on the war-path.
I could probably just break down into tears at any moment (yay, crazy) and I could also probably get an attitude with anyone who just does not see eye-to-eye.
But, I am not going to let that be me today.
I may be exhausted beyond belief and everything everyone does may annoy me, but that’s not their fault.
So here is what I do:
First- as you all know I feel that you shouldn’t be angry all the time. Those of you who know me personally know I’m easily frustrated, may rage for a few minutes here, but generally hold a sunny disposition. Or at least I like to think so. If not, let me know now and I will work on that.
But if you are angry all the time then that is all you are ever going to be. And what fun is that.
So recognizing that you are angry and in a bad mood is something that is relatively important in changing it.
Second- Have legitimate expectations. Right now, at this moment, my body is pooping out on me. There is no way I’m going to be perfectly happy and fantastic Linda. But I am in no way going to allow myself to be black cloud and black mood Linda. So my goal is: quiet, and tired, but not going to be pissy or complaining. I may be silent, I may be a little short, but I’ll be a positive impact on people as opposed to a negative. I won’t let anyone get to me because this is my problem not their problem.
Third- How to get from here to there.
The way I plan on doing this today is to make a pro-con list. Look side by side at all the good and all the bad going on in my life today. It puts everything into perspective. Even though we may have a lot or a little bit of bad in our life we can almost certainly find that we have a lot more good.
So here is my list:
- I’m doing an internship and my body hasn’t completely rebelled.
- Through this internship I’ve met a lot of amazing people.
- I got to see the President yesterday.
- I recently met someone who is an amazing man and one of the kindest people ever.
- I’m back to being with my sisters and that’s a gift I wasn’t sure I was ever going to get again.
- I’m alive despite almost dying twice in three years.
- I have a functioning liver.
- My pain has been really low lately.
- I’m back in school.
- My family is healthy.
- We just got new amazing sisters.
- My best friend is no longer a Rho Gam
- My godson is a genius.
- I am going to be graduating from college without any debt.
- I don’t have cancer.
- I got to wake up today.
- All of my friends woke up today.
- We are all here.
- I have to parents who are still happily married and in love.
- My brother is awesome.
- My sister is awesome.
- I have a cat named Captain Morgan who eats cheetos.
- I live in America.
- I’m not having tremors right now.
- You all read this blog.
- I feel really sick today.
- I’m exhausted.
- I’m frustrated with people today.
- I wish I didn’t have class or homework to do.
Fourth- Now that I made those lists I feel a little ridiculous for my bad mood so at the very least I can shut up and be quiet.
And that’s how I suggest you do it. However, if you have any ideas please share them.
What do you do?